When you complete a procedure, Yousign will serve as the guarantor of your electronic signatures authenticity. We are ensuring your security by saving an audit trail containing all the informations leading to the successful conduct of the signature.
- What is an audit trail?
- What information are included in an audit trail?
- How to download a copy of an audit trail?
What is an audit trail?
An audit trail is a document containing all the informations leading to a successful signature.
In case of dispute, this audit allows you to technically replay each steps of the procedure.
One audit trail is generated for each signatories at the end of the procedure.
What information are included in an audit trail?
- General procedure information: Invite Name, Invite ID, creation date, sending date, and expiration date.
- Every signatories in the procedure.
- Specifics signatory information: First name, last name, email, phone, IP address.
- Signatory's authentification information: Authentification method, sent message and validation time.
- Type of certificate.
- File information: File name, file ID and file type.
Here is an audit trail exemple :
How to download a copy of an audit trail?
- Go to the signature menu
- Select the procedure
- Select the procedure for which you want to download a copy of the audit trail
- Click the button near the signatories' name.
- Click on the "Download the proof file" button.
⚠️ This file is only generated once the document is signed.
⚠️ In some cases, audit trail may be generated in text format:
- If the procedure was created after April 2019.
- To allow you to get the evidence record faster in case of slow network speed.
To go further:
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 1 found this helpful