When you want to create an advanced electronic signature (AdES), Yousign offers a tool for automatic verification of identity documents.
How does it work?
The signer has to upload his/her ID card through a web interface.
Before the signature process continues, automated checks are performed on the ID card.
What checks are done?
The consistency checks done are :
- Consistency check of the MRZ (machine-readable zone found at the bottom of French IDs or international passports)
- Consistency check of data obtained from the front side of the ID card with data contained in the MRZ thanks to a character recognition system (OCR).
- Consistency check on all visual security elements
- Check on the expiration date of the ID Card.
- For French identity cards, the 15-year rule is valid only, if the person was over the legal age when his/her ID card was delivered.
- This deadline remains set for 10 years for French passports.
- Consistency check on the first and last name on the ID card with the first and last name of the signer. For married women, reference should be made to the usual name that appears in the MRZ.
Which French ID cards are valid?
- ID cards issued after December 31, 2013, for persons who were adults at the time of issue and if it was issued less than 15 years ago;
- ID cards issued between 2 January 2004 and 31 December 2013, for persons who were minors at the time of issue and if issued less than 10 years ago;
- ID cards issued after December 31, 2013, for persons who were minors at the time of issue and if they were issued less than 10 years ago;
Note: This feature is available on the APP Corporate/Notary & API Ultimate plans.